All Things Colbry

All Things Colbry
All the Colbry's

Sunday, August 5, 2012

"JACKA!! NOOOO! I no BonkA Caa, I STOWP"

That's Eli's first complete sentance! I had been out riding with the boys, Eli is doing great.  Well, maybe  not the part where he came at me snickering and making a crashing sound as if we were in the bumper cars at the carnival as he side swiped me on my bike..... Let's just say that was teaching moment...
So after that, when all seemed smooth, he and Jack were out riding their bikes.  Jack is there for safety, to keep an eye out for cars, pedestrians and other bikers on the end of our quiet street.  It lasted a good 15 minutes with me peeking out often. Then Jack rushes in exasperated to report that Eli has struck Kim's parked car just around the corner. I'm thinking he might be hurt, Kim's car might be dented, I should not have let them out there alone. But Eli is close behind Jack...I inquire, using hand motions, crashing sounds and the few words I know he know's, like Eli, Bike and Car.  Jack is waiting, expecting another teaching moment....then Eli points at Jack, yelling "JACKA!! NOOOO! I no BonkA Caa, I STOWP".  Translation- "No Jack, I did NOT Bonk the car, I stopped!" Jack's expecting smirk is gone, he rolls his eyes, sigh's a 13.9 year old sigh. It's so hard when you think you have gotten your little brother in trouble and you haven't!
We had a fun and busy weekend with the local Coast Guard Festival in town. We saw the parade yesterday, Eli seemed to love it, he was all smiles.  We watch to make sure he doesn't seem overwhelmed.  He collected candy with all the other kids, sharing with littler kids beside him as the peices are thrown at their feet.  When we got home he wanted to put them away.  He is really neat and tidy.  I gave him a little bowl and he poured all the peices in it.  Then shakes his head looking at it...all a jumbled up mixture of chaos.  So he sat down and organized them into an orderly display that deserved a photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment